have to admit, never even thought of this solution to dogs that bolt their food.
Shows the creativity that God imbibed mankind with.
Check out the brake-fast bowl.
Other methods for dogs that bolt their food.
- If feeding raw, give pieces larger than their heads
- If feeding raw, feed it frozen.
- If feeding raw, hand feed. Not generally recommended as it can make a gulper worse since the dog might think you’ll take his food away.
- If feeding kibble, smaller portions more frequently
- If feeding kibble, use their breakfast or dinner portion as training treats.
- If feeding kibble, place dogs’ meal in one of those puzzle games for dogs, the ones where they have to work at the toy to get the kibble to come out of it.